Tired of budget, budget, budgeting? Let’s have some fun!
Someone just handed you $1,000 in cold hard cash. It’s all yours, but you must follow the rules to keep it.
1. You must spend it. No savings, RESP and responsible things like that.
2. It cannot be anything you actually “need.” It can only be spent on “wants.”
3. No big ticket items. No individual item can be more than $200.
4. No time to waver – you must develop your list in less than 15 minutes.
1. Very cool Star Wars lego set from the Classics collection = $80
2. Dinner at The Black Dog & Babysitter = $150.00
3. Dior Skin Nude (Foundation Makeup) = $70.00
5. Keen sandals for my daughter = $80.00
6. Matching Keen sandals for me = $95.00
7. Pedicure, Manicure & Facial at The Spa = $200.00
8. Full head highlights at Bossarts = $140.00
Wow, that’s it … I’ve already spent it all!!
Play along by listing your shopping spree in a comment or by including a link to your blog post in my comments. Just remember, no thinking too much — just spend it quick on “wants” that come top of mind.