If the initials SYTYCD mean nothing to you, then move along. I won’t be offended (just this once).
As for the rest of you fellow So You Think You Can Dance Addicts … well, our season is now coming to an end.
Here’s what I’ll miss:
- Brandon’s dancing. That boy is an absolute machine. I mean, really! He has not missed one step the entire show — completely flawless technically and performance-level too. Just a pleasure to watch.
- Mia Michaels choreography. It’s always bound to be a great dance when you hear her name behind it.
- Jeanine keeps getting better and better each show, so I’ll miss not seeing her progress. (Plus, she has curves! So rare in a dancer and a beauty to behold.)
- The group dances. They’re always a treat (except that Bring in the Clowns one — booooring.)
- Nigel and Mary’s flirty looks and side-talk — am I missing something? I didn’t notice anything between them in past seasons. I kinda like it though.
What I won’t miss:
- The wierd over-enunciating, suck-up talk going on between all the choreographers. Let them do choreo; don’t let them speak.
- Brandon trying to be modest. I know he has to appear humble and all to garner votes, but it’s a bad acting job. (Not that I blame him, mind you. He is an extremely talented dancer. He knows it. Big deal.)
- Nigel’s “sly” references to the female dancers on their sexy outfits. Yes, senior citizens have a right to a healthy sex life but the vast age difference between he and these 20-year-old girls makes him come off like a “dirty old man” stereotype.
- Evan. He reminds me of that guy in high school who everyone knew had a crush on you and he’d look over at you with doe-eyes and you’d just feel…yuck. It was all just awkward and you just wanted it to all go away.
And then there is the big question mark: who will win?
I’ll put my money on Jeanine. You?